National Sport Chair
The AAU Box Lacrosse program offers opportunities for athletes 18 years of age and younger, in all skill levels, to compete in tournaments, leagues, and National Championships throughout the country.
What is Box Lacrosse?
Hockey and Box Lacrosse are very similar sports. Both Hockey and Box Lacrosse are high tempo, physical team sports that have similar elements to the game. Both sports utilize 5 players and a goalie, strategy of developing odd-man situations to create scoring opportunities, and is traditionally played on an ice hockey ring once the ice has been removed or covered. Hockey players excel in Box Lacrosse. And, in turn, they become markedly better hockey players. Here is a short list of famous hockey players who benefited from playing lacrosse: Wayne Gretzky, Steven Stamkos, John Tavares, Brendan Shanahan, Gary Roberts, Paul Kariya, Kyle Turris, Gordy Howe, Bobby Orr, Jason York, and many more….
Start a League
The AAU makes it easy to start a program. One ‘League Fee ’ covers all the games during the dates you establish for your League. Establish your season and set your event dates. Then have each participant go online to join the AAU. That one time low ‘League Fee’ will allow you to obtain third party certificates for all your events, send email blasts to AAU Members participating in your League in order to promote your events, use the AAU Box Lacrosse Rules (ability to modify rules as long as not a safety issue), and have the support of the National AAU Staff to make your League a success.
Benefits of Playing AAU
· Nationally recognized non-profit organization.
· Insurance, including general liability and participant accident, is included as a benefit of membership.
· Low membership fees.
· Low tournament fees.
· Freedom and flexibly in conducting programs and hosting events.
· Multi-sport membership card allows participants to compete in any sport.
· Non-exclusive organization. Anyone can join.
· Easy online registration for membership, insurance certificates, license applications and events.
· Multi-year membership available – join for 1, 2 or 3 years.
· Level 3 Club Membership offering eligibility for tax-exempt status and to accept tax-exempt donations.
· Contact us today to find out more about the AAU….